Monitor & Analysis
Erstream provides 7/24 monitoring for your online video service or private CDN and offers performance tracing and manuel monitoring for the whole system in accordance with certain broadcast performance criteria.
All network equipments, servers, encoder and other hardwares, operating systems are instantly monitored by Erstream.
Erstream uses, virtual monitoring softwares located outside the network and designed specially to monitor the quality of the service given to the end user.
Those softwares provides constant monitoring and automatically monitors several different content grouped divided into different performance criteria. With the help of this virtual monitoring, some of the possible mistakes are reported insrantly. By that, long before the customer notification, the problems are detected and problem solution process can be initiated in accordance with the related SLA.
An overall NOC and Monitoring service is a consultancy project for Erstream and developed by system analysis principles. Additionally, apart from the usage of standard monitoring softwares (Nagios, Zabbix, Munin) this virtual monitoring system encompasses software development and integration processes.
1 – Collection of all instant streaming behavior of the audience on Erstream stats proxy.
2 –Recorded raw monitoring data can be given to 3rd party statistics services requested by the platform.
3 – Real time feeding of those raw statistics to other 3rd party statistics sevices if requested;
The collected raw statistics are saved to a non SQL database operated by Erstream (Note: ERSTREAM operate a non SQL database to save behavior of the audiences. It is the most cost savy and high efficiency method to use non-SQL database to save real-time streaming data of hundreds of thousands of users.)
On customer’s request, raw data in Erstream non-SQL database can be interpreted by the statistics panel.
Customers watching experience:
- The streaming experience from beginning to end are reported on individual user basis
- Video start-up time
- Bitrate based streaming distribution. The data of which bit rate is used for how long and the percentage of it to total streaming
- A screen showing all the above information and summarizing customer’s overall viewing experience in graphs
- A report summarizing all streaming experience of individual customers based on above parameters and a scala expressing customer satisfaction with the service quality
- Geography based viewing experience reports
- CDN viewing experience reports